GRIND is a Sports Technology company designing and delivering interactive sports equipment to all athletes - starting with a better basketball rebounding machine.
GRIND's Hardware Engineering team is looking for Electrical Engineers with expertise in the design and production process of systems for consumer products. In this position you will be apart of the team that will work on developing, prototyping, and implementing solutions into manufacturing for all GRIND customer electronics products.
THE IDEAL LEADER
The successful candidate has a strong electronics design and development background who will provide technical leadership as well as individual technical contribution as part of a team that supports the design, development, test, and integration of complex, embedded hardware/software systems. The candidate should be passionate about technology and always have the customer's best interest in mind.
NECESSARY SKILLS / EXPERIENCE / ATTRIBUTES
- Have previously shipped high volume Consumer products
- Deep understanding of electrical engineering principles in both analog and digital domains with the ability to leverage this understanding to quickly isolate circuit faults
- Familiarity with high speed test equipment; oscilloscopes, data acquisition units, DMMs, logic & spectrum analyzers - solid test & troubleshooting skills
- Ability to guide and oversee layout designers, and provide clear layout constraints (PC board stack-up, component placement, high speed routing, etc.)
- Key contributor to high-level architecture and design of electronic systems focused on the fitness market
- High-speed mixed signal circuit design; schematic entry, supervision of PCB layout and assembly, board debug and system integration
- Impact all phases of the product development cycle which includes requirement/definition, design and development, verification (such as unit tests) and traceability matrix, and design transfer
- Develop or identify tools and methods that allow reutilization of designs
- Provide technical oversight and review support to development teams during product design and development
- Good understanding of single/dual quadrant motor controllers & control systems Good understanding of power supplies & PFC
- Experience performing trade studies / tradeoff analyses Demonstrated technical leadership and facilitation skills Strong problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills
- PCB layout tools (Cadence OrCAD Capture and Allegro)
- Experience with signal integrity analysis and simulation
BENEFITS AT GRIND
- Equity opportunities in an early stage, high growth startup
- We care deeply about our families and loved ones, which is why our comprehensive health plans reflect exactly how much we value proper care for the extended GRIND family
- A network of mentors and coaching opportunities
- A brand new office in Houston's Downtown area
- Complimentary gear